Sunday, June 17, 2012

happy daddy's day!

Celebrating Pete's 5th Fathers Day! I love fathers day... truly, I love it. I am blessed enough to have what I believe is the most amazing, perfectly-suited-for-me, totally awesome, best dad ever... AND I've got that same kinda dad for our girls. What a day to count my blessings and totally love up on them both. Here's a little recap, pic-style:

girls workin on their homemade puzzles and cards for daddy


how cute are these?! our little crafting session turned out great!
of course, must do somethin yummy! carrot cake is one of my dad's and pete's favs so carrot cake cupcakes it is:
daddy with his breakfast in bed, opening cards from his girls :)
putting together his puzzles...
Father's Day lunch at my parents:


 papa putting his puzzle together too:
 and his new hat :)
 what an awesome daddy - completely loved by his girls
 always able to make them laugh
still daddy's little girl:






We also got to spend a little of the evening with gram & poppi and share some of the father's day cupcake love :)


Verses I feel truly embody Peter as a father and ways in which I know the Lord will continue refining him over the years. One thing I know for sure: He was picked and planned as the best dad, perfectly fit to be Ellia's and Remae's daddy and I couldn't be more thankful for such a wonderful partner in our parenting assignment.

Proverbs 22:6 - "Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it."
Ephesians 6:4 - "Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord."
Psalm 103:13 - "As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him"
Genesis 18:19 - "For I have chosen him, in order that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing righteousness and justice; in order that the LORD may bring upon Abraham what He has spoken about him."

No comments:

Post a Comment